The kids are on their way back to school, so this is a great time to update your back-to-school routine. Dominion Dental Care has found some tips...
- As part of the ritual of going back to school, parents will no doubt buy their children new clothes and supplies, and take them to the pediatrician for their annual check up. But this is also the perfect time to schedule a dental check-up!
- Getting an exam taken care of at the beginning of the school year will save you the hassle of scheduling a visit to the dentist around school hours or after-school activities. Add a dental exam to your back-to-school preparation list: new clothes, new supplies, new dental exam! And buy a new toothbrush while you're at it, as many people do no change their toothbrushes as often as they should!
- Many parents only bring in their children if there is a problem - so much dental care is reactionary. Try and be proactive!
- Create a dental care kit for school, with a toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss. Remind your children to brush after lunch!
- Tooth decay is one of the most common diseases in children and can interfere with learning and lead to more serious complications. A child who is in pain from tooth decay will have trouble focusing in school.